Creating a new PCB file
- Choose File | New. The Job Settings dialog appears.
- Enter the desired board dimensions and other relevant settings (see below)
- Click OK.
- New files are untitled. To name a file, choose File | Save.
- Individual – creates separated boards and allows for non-rectangular boards.
- Panelized with V-scores – leaves boards connected on a larger panel, allowing you to snap the boards apart, typically after assembly of components. Recommended for small rectangular boards. For example, if you want to create several identical boards, you can layout a single rectangular board of the necessary size and set the V-scoring option. The boards will be delivered to you panelized so you can separate them after assembly.
- Panelized with tabs – leaves boards connected by small links, allowing you to snap the boards apart. Allows for non-rectangular boards to remain panelized.
- Panel configuration – allows to specify desired panel size in case V-scoring or Tab routing is selected.
Opening an existing PCB file
- Choose File | Open. An Open dialog will appear.
- Choose the file to open, or select multiple files using the Ctrl or Shift keys.
- Click Open.
Upon startup, Pad2Pad opens the last edited file. To change this setting, uncheck Edit | Preferences | General | Load last document on startup.
Saving a file
- Choose File | Save. For a new file, a dialog box appears …
- In Save in choose the folder where you want to save your file.
- In File Name type the file name.
- Click Save.
Pad2Pad automatically saves your board periodically. To disable automatic saving, or change the frequency, go to Edit | Preferences | General and deselect Enable automatic saving or enter a new time period in Autosave Every.
- Choose File | Save As. A dialog box will appear.
- In Save in choose the folder where you want to save your new file.
- In File Name type the new file name.
- Click Save.
- Choose File | Print. The Print dialog appears.
- From the drop-down list, choose the printer to use.
- Click the printer Properties button and change printer settings if needed. Click OK.
- Choose whether you want the printout to fill the page or to print actual size.
- Choose whether you want the printout to be centered on the page.
- Choose the number of copies to print.
- Check Print black and white for B/W printer friendly colors.
- Check Mirror to get the mirror image.
- Check Collate, if available, to collate copies.
- Click OK.
Exiting the program
- Choose File | Exit or click the X in the upper right corner of the application window.
- Pad2Pad prompts you to save any unsaved files which are currently open.