Pad2Pad CAD Pre-Order Checklist
Before placing your order in Pad2Pad CAD, consider checking the following to ensure a smooth PCB fabrication process.
- Ensure all connections in your schematic are present.
- Check that inappropriate connections are not made including short circuits.
- Select Nets > Edit Nets, and review the dialog.
- On the silkscreen layer, check that:
- Component orientation markings are clear and match markings on devices (diodes, caps, DIPs, Quads, etc).
- Select Job > Analyze and resolve errors.
- Select Job > Settings and ensure the board specifications are correct.
- Select View > Layers and check each layer separately and together.
- For integrated heatsinks, select View > Layers and verify the unmask layer exposes copper.
- If you plan to make a custom enclosure with eMachineShop, select File > Export > Mechanical Data to .DXF.
If you are having Pad2Pad assemble your PCBs:
- If you designed your PCB in Pad2Pad CAD, select Job > Parts List and check that each component includes a description, vendor, and vendor part number.
- Check that each component complies with Pad2Pad’s assembly capabilities. Only complying components will be assembled.
- Ensure that copper footprints for SMT devices are longer than leads to allow inspection of the solder joint.
- If you are supplying components to Pad2Pad, supply an overage of components. Mark each set of components with the appropriate designator (R1, U1, etc.)
- Advise us of any components that require non-standard soldering or assembly methods.
- Ship components to 31 Industrial Ave, Unit 6, Mahwah, NJ 07430.
It is also recommended to check:
- Edge gaps between copper and board edge are at least:
- .020″ for V-scoring
- .060″ for tab-routing
- .010″ for Individual routing.
- For four layer boards in Pad2Pad CAD:
- Select View > Layers and check “1st inner” or “2nd inner” to open the four-layer view, showing the inner layers. Check to ensure the ground/power planes are accurately routed.
- Correct any errors by selecting Nets > Net Edits and use the nets tool to change the routing of the inner layers.
Once you have thoroughly checked your design, you are now ready to order!
Upon receiving your boards it is strongly recommended to:
- Test, or at least visually inspect the bare boards (four layer boards must be electrically tested).
- Assemble and test one board before assembling all boards.
- Test a board alone prior to placing the board into a system.