You can place text onto your circuit board. For example, you might want to label a resistor "R1". Text can go on a copper or silk screen layer.
- On the left toolbar select the Text tool or press the T key.
- On the Property Bar select the Layer where your text is to appear. When placing text on a copper layer (which can save the cost of silk screening) it is recommended to unmask the text for best visibility. To do this draw a rectangle on the corresponding solder mask layer or copy the same text onto the solder mask layer.
- Click at the desired location for text. The text editor dialog box appears:
- Enter the desired text; specify the style parameters; and click OK.
- Text appears at location you selected previously.
- Move the text if needed.
The lock button toggles the lock mode on/off. When the lock mode is ON, the proportion between the font size and the line width is kept automatically.
Line width should be at least 0.007" to insure readability.