Vias are circular copper pads with plated thru holes that attach traces from one side of the printed circuit board to the other side. Vias are generally not used for components and are often smaller than conventional pads.
Vias, like traces, are generally protected with the solder mask.
- In the left toolbar select the Via tool.
- On the property bar, change any settings as needed.
- Move the mouse cursor to the desired location(s) and left click.
- Right click if no additional copies of the Via are to be placed.
- Connect traces to the vias as desired.