Before placing your order:
- Check your circuit:
All connections in your schematic are present.
Inappropriate connections are not made including short-circuits.
Review the Edit Nets Dialog.
- On the silk screen layer check that:
Component orientation markings are clear and match markings on devices.
Diode cathodes are on the pad next to the silk screen dot or line.
DIP IC pin 1 is near the silk screen semi-circle.
Quad IC pin 1 is near the silk screen beveled corner.
- Resolve Job | Analyze errors.
- Review Job | Settings.
- Review all fields of Job | Parts List.
- View each layer separately and all together.
- Check copper footprints are sized right for components.
- Check that copper footprints for SMT devices are longer than leads to allow inspection of solder joint.
- For integrated heat sinks check unmask layer.
- Export your layout to DXF to verify alignment if you plan to make a custom enclosure at eMachineShop.
If you are requesting assembly by Pad2Pad:
- Check that each component complies with Pad2Pad assembly capabilities - only complying components will be assembled.
- If you choose to supply components to Pad2Pad: please supply overage per the table below; and mark each set of components with the appropriate designator (R1, U1, etc.).
- You must advise us of any components that require non-standard soldering temperatures or durations. Soldering methods may include hand soldering with a soldering iron or automated assembly with solder paste and a reflow oven.
- You must advise us if you require accurate alignment tighter than 0.025". Additional fees may apply.
- The address to ship components to and instructions will be shown by the software upon ordering.
It is also recommended to check that:
- Edge gaps between copper and board edge are at least .020" for V-scoring or .060" for tab-routing or .010" for Individual routing.
- Four layer boards - select View | layers... Set checkmark next to "1st inner" and "2nd inner" to open a four-layer view and see the inner layers. Use the Window menu to select the original view or just close the layers dialog.
No checklist is 100% complete and must not be taken as a substitute for careful work.
Once you have thoroughly checked your design, you are ready for ordering.
Upon receiving your boards it is strongly recommended to:
- Test or at least visually inspect the bare boards (four layer boards must be electrically tested).
- Assemble and test one board before assembling all boards.
- Test a board alone prior to placing the board into a system.
Assembly overage table
When supplying parts to Pad2Pad for assembly, please provide these approximate overages.
|Cost of component >
V Qty of boards
|$.01 - $.10||$.11 - $.99||$1.00 +|